- Unless mentioned, all stamps are genuine, complete and free of rust, stains, tears, thins, creases, pinholes and short perfs.
- MNH mint never hinged are unused stamps with original gum and have not been hinged.
- MLH mint lightly hinged stamps have no hinge or remnant, just minor gum disturbance where once hinged.
- MH mint hinged stamps have a full or part hinge.
- MNG mint no gum are unused stamps without gum.
- Used stamps are fine, very fine, superb or cto and will nearly always have a light, clean circular postmark applied to a corner of the stamp. I always indicate FU (fine used) even though most are very fine or better.